Maintenance Tip: Save on Energy Costs
- Raise the temperature slowly to keep your bill lower. Quickly raising your temperature set point activates the heat strip, which uses tons of energy.
- Set your thermostat to 68-70 degrees during the day in the winter and 65-68 degrees at night to keep your home comfortable and save on heating costs.
- Set your thermostat to 78-80 degrees during the day in the summer and 80-82 degrees at night to save on cooling costs.
- Lower your thermostat every time you leave the house.
- Close your exterior doors and windows when the heating or AC is on.
- Use floor fans to cool off for less.